This page (and the documents referred to on it) tell you the terms under which you may use our website www.youteachme.co.uk (the Site) and the materials or information on it.
Information About Us
- The Site operated by YouTeachMe Limited (We and Us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8558429 and have our registered office at 5 Prospect Place, Millennium Way, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8HG, which is also our main trading address. Our VAT number is 172456208.
- The products, data, information, photographs, software, sound and all other materials and services on the Site (Content) are only accessible to those who subscribe to and pay for the services provided by Us through the Site (Users).
- All Users are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to access the Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
- You must notify Us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account. You will be held solely responsible for all use of the Site made under your account.
- We make no guarantee that the Site and the Content will be available to you at all times or that access will be uninterrupted or error free. We will not be liable to you for any loss you suffer as a result of any discontinued, disrupted or impaired access to the Site.
- We do not guarantee that a subscription to the Site or use of the Content will be of benefit to you or help you achieve any particular purpose. You must rely on your own judgment in this respect.
- We will be under no obligation to provide you with a subscription to the Site unless and until we confirm, via email, that we accept your application for a subscription.
- You will be able to set up your user account and access the Content covered by your subscription on taking out our 3 day trial and thereafter by making payment of the applicable fees in full.
- Subject to the provisions of clause 3.3, you will be entitled to create an additional 6 user accounts, to enable other users (i.e. your family members) to access the Content (each an Additional Account). For the avoidance of doubt, you cannot have more than 6 active Additional Accounts, at any given time.
- Your subscription will commence on the date on which we receive payment from you and will run for a period of 1 calendar month from that date and will renew on each additional payment for each additional month.
- By granting you a subscription to the Site, we are granting
you a non-transferable, non-sub-licensable licence to use the
Content, subject to the following restrictions and other
restrictions and conditions set out in these terms:
- Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you may only view and display the Content at your home address and not in any public arena;
- Apart from public Content (which does not require a paid subscription), only users authorised by us may access the Content; and
- For the avoidance of doubt and without prejudice to the rest of this clause 3.6 no copy may be made of any video (or other Content) from the Site without our express written permission.
- We may terminate or suspend your subscription at any time
- you fail to pay when due to us any sums payable to us; or
- we are required to do so by law (for instance, where the operation of Site becomes unlawful for any reason).
- On termination or expiry of your subscription:
- you will no longer be entitled to access the User only areas of the Site or use any Content other than public Content;
- you agree to destroy all copies of the Content in your possession;
- our accrued rights and remedies will be unaffected;
Changes to the SiteThe site will constantly be updated, and we may change the Content. Any of the Content may be out of date at any time, and we are under no obligation to update it further.
- We warrant that we shall, having regard to the state of technological development and the cost of implementing any measures, take appropriate technical and organisational measures against the unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data provided by you and against the accidental loss or destruction of or damage to such personal data and ensure a level of security appropriate to the harm that may result from such unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss destruction or damage and the nature of the data to be protected.
- We reserve the right to disclose any details you provide to us (including details of your identity) if we are required to do so by any applicable law or regulation or in connection with any actual or threatened legal proceedings.
- You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not
use the Site;
- In any way that breaches any local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- For any purpose except for educational, non-commercial use except and to the extent that other uses are authorised by us in writing; or
- To collect or harvest any personal data of any user of the Site.
- You must not copy, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, adapt or make any changes to the Site or make any attempt to circumvent or interfere with any of the security features of the Site.
- You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site;
Intellectual Property Rights
Reliance On ContentThe Content is not intended to amount to advice or information on which reliance should be placed and you must exercise your own discretion and judgment as to how you use it. We do not endorse or recommend any of the Content and we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on the Content or from any claim by any user that the Content is inaccurate or in any way objectionable. All videos are made by professionals who use their professional judgement when describing the learners that their videos may best suit. Because we have no control over the professional judgement of others we cannot warrant or guarantee that any of the Content will be compatible with any particular curriculum at any particular time or that, if compatible with the curriculum when posted shall remain compatible with any changes to such curriculum over time.
- The Site and the Content is provided without guarantees,
conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent
permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and
third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- Any liability for any loss of any Content or other communications or data transmitted via the Site;
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of profit, loss of business, loss of reputation, loss of data and loss of goodwill incurred by any user in connection with the Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it and any Content; and
- Any liability in respect of any other losses suffered by a User in connection with the Site in excess of the amount of the subscription fees paid to us by that User, if any.
- Nothing in condition 9.1 affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- You will indemnify us for any losses we suffer (including all damages, costs, and expenses) as a result of any breach by you of condition 6 or condition 7.
- The Site and the Content is provided without guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
Viruses, Hacking and other Offences
- You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing any material that contains harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; including, but not limited to: viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching condition 10.1, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to The Site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com
Links from The SiteWhere the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Each of the paragraphs of these conditions operates separately and, if any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.